Arch Capital Group
With a company culture rooted in collaboration, expertise and innovation, we aim to promote progress and inspire our clients, employees, investors and communities to achieve their greatest potential. Our work is the catalyst that helps others achieve their goals. In short, We Enable Possibility℠.
Job Summary: The Commercial Lines Underwriter II is responsible for managing a book of property/casualty business. This position nurtures agency relationships in order to enhance the customer service experience, while also maintaining underwriting discipline and program profitability.
• Analyze new and/or renewal business for program eligibility and price business in accordance with program rate and retention targets
• Adhere to Underwriter Authority Agreement/s
• Adhere to Service Standard Agreement/s
• Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers through professional and efficient customer service
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in two core McNeil Program
• Maintain understanding of ISO rules/rates, underwriting manuals and, underwriting guidelines
• Rating new and renewal business as needed
• Comply with state insurance regulations according to ODEN
• Analyze and approve requested policy changes/endorsements
• Work with Risk Management to assist insureds in improving operations and mitigating risk
• Process cancellations, non-renewals, reinstatements as needed
• Knowledge of program specific product and coverages
• Provide support for other associates when necessary
• Maintain familiarity with market conditions and competitor intelligence
• Maintain familiarity of underwriting reports to ensure program profitability. This includes, but is not limited to, contract expiration reports, referral reports, loss experience reports, pricing reports and retention reports.
• Foster a team environment with among team members
• Assist with special projects as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience preferred
• AU designation a plus
• Three to five years of underwriting or customer service experience with an insurance company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Solid time management and organizational skills • Ability to prioritize and work independently
For individuals assigned or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, NJ; New York State; and/or Washington State, the base salary range is listed below. This range is as of the time of posting. Position is incentive eligible.
$55,000 - 65,000/year
Total individual compensation (base salary, short & long-term incentives) offered will take into account a number of factors including but not limited to geographic location, scope & responsibilities of the role, qualifications, talent availability & specialization as well as business needs. The above range may be modified in the future
Click here to learn more on available benefits
Do you like solving complex business problems, working with talented colleagues and have an innovative mindset? Arch may be a great fit for you. If this job isn’t the right fit but you’re interested in working for Arch, create a job alert! Simply create an account and opt in to receive emails when we have job openings that meet your criteria. Join our talent community to share your preferences directly with Arch’s Talent Acquisition team.