Axis Capital Holdings Limited
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
[Job Title] Underwriting Assistant USEC
Job Family Grouping: Operations
Job Family: Underwriting Support
How does this role contribute to our collective success?
As an experienced Underwriting Assistant, you will work closely with our underwriting partners, to issue policies, process endorsements, and maintain Broker relationships.
What will you do in this role?
• Review and e-mail quotes and binder letters
• Prepare policies for policy issuance
• Review policies for accuracy and regulatory standards
• Review policy logs for accurate input
• Input policy and underwriting data in appropriate systems
• Process endorsements per request within established company guidelines
• Make direct contact with brokers and their assistants including participating in meetings and visits as required
• Continued open communication with all internal and external partners
• Work as an extension and partner with Underwriting
• Work closely with management and peers for overall team success
You may also be required to take on additional duties, responsibilities and activities appropriate to the nature of this role.
We encourage you to bring your own experience and expertise to the table, so while there are some qualifications and experiences, we need you to have, we are open to discussing how your individual knowledge might lend itself to fulfilling this role and help us achieve our goals.
What you need to have:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the commercial insurance industry as an Underwriting Assistant or similar position
• A solid understanding of Property and Casualty insurance coverages and principles, familiarity with ISO commercial class codes, rating, and Compliance guidelines
• MS Office Suite and Outlook or similar computer software experience a must. Strong aptitude for learning new computer programs is a must.
• Strong customer service skills and a professional attitude
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
• Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
• Strong math skills, and verbal/written communication skills
What we prefer you to have:
• Associate or bachelor’s degree or equal job experience
• Insurance carrier background/experience
In this role, you will typically be required to:
Be in the office 3 days per week, this is a hybrid role in certain geographic areas
What we offer:
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of 45-75k Your salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including your specific experience and work location.
In addition, you will be offered competitive target incentive compensation, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, you will be eligible for a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for you and your family, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.
Where this role is based in the United States of America, this role is [Non-Exempt] for FLSA purposes.