Sr. Underwriter - Cargo and Marine
Axon Underwriting Services LLC
Who are we?
Axon Underwriting Services LLC was formed in 2013 by underwriting and brokerage experts in order to raise the bar in business insurance performance. Offering a highly efficient Program Administrator/MGA platform and insurance services, Axon provides its brokerage partners the ability to expand current offerings. Our extensive understanding of industry-specific exposures enables us to create comprehensive coverage programs and solutions for targeted industries. Axon underwrites and distributes products backed by the financial strength of domestic A-rated Carriers and as a Coverholder for Lloyds of London.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work.
Axon has an exciting opportunity in executive liability for an experienced Senior Underwriter within our US Cargo and Marine division. Candidates should be experienced underwriting traditional marine transit and warehouse exposures as well as stock throughputs, broker forms, and quota share insurance programs. Depending upon the candidate’s expertise, there are additional opportunities to underwrite Inland Marine.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a book of business that is consistent with the team’s focus on profitable growth
- Establish, develop, and expand on broker and customer relationships
- Underwrite efficiently without sacrificing discipline, diligence and quality service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with agility and decisiveness
- Underwrite complex and challenging risks while developing creative solutions
- Understand market conditions and how to respond as they evolve
- Be a positive reflection on the company by demonstrating integrity and leadership in the marketplace
- Effectively communicate Axon’s value proposition to brokers and clients
- Collaborate with teammates across all product lines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills in financial and stock analysis
- Solid understanding of policy forms and coverage
- Network of strong broker and client relationships
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient Cargo experience of five years or more
- A competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our clients and teammates
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested in working with us? Send your resume to Sherrie Newman at email@example.com.