Sr. Underwriter - Foodborne Illness & Contamination Insurance
Axon Underwriting Services LLC
Who are we?
Axon Underwriting Services LLC was formed in 2013 by underwriting and brokerage experts in order to raise the bar in business insurance performance. Offering a highly efficient Program Administrator/MGA platform and insurance services, Axon provides its brokerage partners the ability to expand current offerings. Our extensive understanding of industry-specific exposures enables us to create comprehensive coverage programs and solutions for targeted industries. Axon underwrites and distributes products backed by the financial strength of domestic A-rated Carriers and as a Coverholder for Lloyds of London.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work.
Axon has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Underwriter Foodborne Illness & Contamination Insurance (Restaurants, Hotels, Country Clubs and Grocery Stores) within Axon Crisis Management. Candidates should be experienced underwriting Foodborne Illness & Contamination exposures as well as high level knowledge of market forms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Underwrite new accounts within the Foodborne Illness & Contamination Insurance (Restaurants, Hotels, Country Clubs and Grocery Stores) line of business;
- Manage and maintain the growing renewal portfolio;
- Expand on broker and customer relationships in partnership with our Distribution Manager;
- Underwrite efficiently without sacrificing discipline, diligence and quality service;
- Underwrite complex and challenging risks while developing creative solutions;
- Understand market conditions and how to respond as they evolve;
- Be a positive reflection on the company by demonstrating integrity and leadership in the marketplace;
- Effectively communicate Axon’s value proposition to brokers and clients;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills in underwriting of food service industries;
- Solid understanding of policy forms and coverage;
- Network of strong broker and client relationships;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
US Foodborne Illness & Contamination Insurance experience of eight years with a minimum of 3 years focus on foodborne illness and contamination coverage.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates;
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our clients and teammates;
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested in working with us? Send your resume to Sherrie Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.