Underwriter - D&O
- - UW - D&O
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Underwriter - D&O
Hartford, CT/Chicago, IL
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty is seeking a Underwriter in our D&O department to ensure profitable results and premium growth by adhering to underwriting guidelines. Ensure consistency and accuracy of all work produced. Develop and manage broker relationships while marketing CapSpecialty and its products as needed.
- Underwrite and service new and existing accounts within underwriting authority, responding to broker, insured and management inquiries.
- Create and maintain underwriting profits and ensure performance and compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Establish and maintain broker relationships through exceptional customer service.
- Keep abreast of market intelligence and trends in the marketplace. Participate in marketing initiatives as needed.
- Assist in research projects regarding classes of business, emerging technologies and unique risks and exposures as needed.
- Evaluate and test system changes as required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed that pertains to the specific line of business.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years professional liability underwriting experience.
- Completion of, or continuing work towards, Certification in RPLU, CIC, CPCU, or other approved programs preferred.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer