AVP, Cyber E&O Underwriter
Coaction Specialty Insurance Group, Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Coaction is looking for talented and driven candidates who combine strategic thinking, creativity, and pragmatic execution to drive business results. Coaction’s business model focuses on specific customer line of business and drives our competitive advantage through superior understanding of the customer and expert underwriting execution.
The Underwriter will develop and manage the growth of a profitable book of business. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with our distribution partners as you generate and execute true differentiated coverage and services for your line of business.
- Demonstrate account level analysis, application of terms and price selection with the ability to make sound and prudent decisions
- Underwrite within established guidelines and or underwriting authority
- Sell the product advantages of Coaction to differentiate from our competitors
- Manage assigned books to build sustainable long-term relationships
- Drive product/service/selection/pricing innovation for assigned book
- Work with actuary to best understand trends within the book or program and how to react accordingly
- Ultimately rewarded for building a growing portfolio that is profitable and sustainable over the long term
- 5-10 years of experience underwriting professional liability classes, preferably in lawyers and accountants
- Experience with cyber, tech and miscellaneous E&O a plusBachelor’s Degree preferred in business or a related field
- RPLU &/or CPCU designations a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite with specific emphasis on Excel
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer-oriented product management skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision for your line of business and the necessary skills to prioritize what is required to accomplish it
- Excellent ability to consult, influence, and manage business partners
- Ability to drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base
- Demonstrate personal accountability and integrity, and an ability to build strong, productive relationships across the business
- Strong track record of solving complex problems, designing creative strategies, and delivering significant impact as a manager and a leader; challenge the status quo to dig deep to get to the root cause of any issue
- Strong decision-making skills, with ability to articulate the reason behind the decision
- Credible source of information and could challenge and influence decision makers with your excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial role, where hard work, rolling up your sleeves, grit and determination come naturally, and producing great results is your primary motivator
Equal Opportunity Employer
Coaction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Coaction’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coaction also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.