Lancer is seeking an Underwriter Manager with a minimum of 5 years underwriting experience in the commercial automobile industry. High energy leader with excellent communication skills to lead, mentor and develop the underwriting team ensuring the goals, practices and policies of the company are met.
Lancer Management Company, Inc. is a member of the Lancer Insurance Group which is rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best and has been providing specialty insurance to commercial transportation companies across the United States for thirty-five years. The Lancer Insurance Group has been described by AM Best as a “leading market presence in the specialty transportation business.”
- Serve as the primary resource for underwriters for questions and authorization of any exceptions.
- Develop training and goals for individuals in the group and write performance reviews for individual team members annually or as needed.
- Authorize underwriting cancellations and reinstatements.
- Conduct on-going audits of the team as individuals and as a group to confirm workloads are efficiently distributed and current.
- Consult with CUO on accounts with premium outside of product managers authority level to determine both eligibility and pricing.
- Attend industry events and trade shows which may include overnight stays.
- Develop relationships with brokers and industry connections through networking events.
- Approve new and renewal policies with premium or risk outside underwriter’s authority.
- Establish program guidelines for marketing and underwriting, including advertising program, supervision of Department staff and set departmental procedures.
- Provide education to staff.
- Interface with Information Technology, Human Resources, Accounting, Legal, Lancer Underwriting, Claims and Customer Service Departments regarding creation and implementation of changes to systems, procedures and forms.
- Create new marketing opportunities and identify competitors and monitor market conditions.
- Handle Insurance Department complaints.
- Monitor compliance with rate and forms filings.
- Manage daily activities of underwriting division including supervision of underwriting, underwriting services and File Department functions including personnel and salary reviews.
- Monitor adherence to established underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Assess actuarial data.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years underwriting experience in the commercial automobile industry.
- Must have previous experience managing others.
The expected base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $145,000.
At Core Specialty, you will receive a competitive salary and opportunities for professional development and advancement. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; short and long-term disability; a Company-match of 100% of a 6% contribution 401(k) plan; an Employee Assistance Plan; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and a wellness program