Financial Services Underwriter
The Underwriter will analyze submissions for the Financial Services division, specifically for real estate products, from new and existing broker partners to determine eligibility within Core Specialty Financial Services Division appetite and subsequently to determine appropriate limits, attachment point, pricing & terms that will provide Core Specialty with adequate underwriting profit on each risk. Execution of Financial Services business plans and objectives including:
- Build Core Specialty's reputation and presence in the financial services market.
- Build Core Specialty’s relationships with our broker partners
- Coordinate & communicate effectively with internal departments to ensure information is up to date on new and existing programs.
- Onboard and oversee new program relationships to ensure profitability, reputational quality, and compliance with Core Specialty’s standards and goals.
- Perform oversight on controls to ensure the various programs and internal departments are in compliance with Core Specialty contractual and operational standards.
- Provide prompt and accurate customer service on all submissions
- Ensure all risks considered and bound are within authority, underwriting standards, risk selection, peer review and pricing methodologies
- Provide documented evidence of underwriting activities and decisions in files as required.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Knowledge of Financial Services market with a concentration in real-estate based products including Service Providers & current market environment.
Knowledge of underwriting practices, coverage & pricing/rating methodologies
Knowledge of producer & competitor marketplace
Knowledge of targeted industries
Knowledge of insurance company operations
Familiarity with company systems, procedures & processes
Solid understanding of policy wordings and clauses
Understanding of all pricing/underwriting tools available
Bachelor’s degree (preferably with a Risk Management & Insurance Major) or equivalent work experience.
Achieve or working towards an industry designation such as CPCU, CRM, ARM, CIC
3+ years in the Underwriting or Broking field
Experience working with support services, including IT, claims, actuarial and operations.
This position is open for a hybrid work environment.
At Core Specialty, you will receive a competitive salary and opportunities for professional development and advancement. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; short and long-term disability; a Company-match of 100% of a 6% contribution 401(k) plan; an Employee Assistance Plan; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and a wellness program