The Associate Underwriter will work with underwriters in the property division to enable them to underwrite accurately and efficiently profitable books of business that also meet annual premium goals.
- Perform within set timeframes to ensure appropriate response time and customer service for broker partners.
- Assist underwriters with pre-qualifying accounts submitted by broker partners.
- Prepare accounts to be modelled in a timely manner.
- Prepare account assessment document for underwriters to review and negotiate with brokers.
- Communicate with broker teams as needed.
- Draft quotes and binders for underwriter review
- Conduct post-binding account changes/ transactions with underwriter review and sign off as needed.
- Policy issuance and endorsement issuance within required timeframe
- Maintain accurate and timely status of accounts within systems throughout the underwriting life cycle.
- Pursue professional development and training for development of product knowledge, skills for the role and any personal goals set with leader.
- Responsible for effective operation of internal controls and timely closure of Internal Audit and other actions
- Undertake general office administrative duties as and when required.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, Excel
- Ability to simplify, analyse and explain complex issues.
- Ability to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to work at both an overview and detailed level.
- Ability to manage time and projects effectively
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree preferred.
- Prior insurance experience preferred.
At Core Specialty, you will receive a competitive salary and opportunities for professional development and advancement. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; short and long-term disability; a Company-match of 100% of a 6% contribution 401(k) plan; an Employee Assistance Plan; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and a wellness program