SVP Underwriting - D&O
Accountable to underwrite mid-market sized Management Liability accounts including D&O, EPLI and Fiduciary lines for public, private and NFP entities and to achieve strategic objectives within delegated underwriting authority. Manage a team of Underwriters on day to day activities and striving to meet the objectives of the division.
- Underwrite book of new and renewal accounts to achieve premium and profit objectives.
- Select risks consistent with Group and Practice Area Underwriting Rules and within delegate UW Authority
- Price risks to meet or exceed pricing and profitability targets
- Develop producer relationships and enhance Core Specialty’s reputation in the market
- Deliver quotes, binders and policies within established service standards
- Manage a small team of UW to promote business for Core Specialty
- Expand new business opportunities through development of new producer relationship and enhance existing relationships
- Support the Core Specialty brand by participating in regional group marketing events
- Proactively expand and maintain knowledge of the insurance market
- Comply with regulatory requirements
- Broad knowledge of MPL underwriting industry
- Specific knowledge of MPL underwriting practices, coverage & pricing/rating methodologies
- Broad knowledge of producer & competitor marketplace
- Broad knowledge of targeted industries
- Broad knowledge of insurance company operations
- Excellent Communication & Writing Skills
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent ability to lead, contribute to and manage team efforts
- Bachelors’ degree and 15 years of management liability underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting D&O, EPL, and Fiduciary coverages for private, public and not for profit organizations
- Above average understanding of management liability policy coverage and forms
- Above average understanding of management liability risk selection and underwriting processing skills
- Strong ability to understand and evaluate financial statements for private, public and not for profit organizations.
- Excellent communication, influencing and mediation skills
- In-depth knowledge of the wholesale brokerage community with established relationships in the South and Southeast US.
At Core Specialty, you will receive a competitive salary and opportunities for professional development and advancement. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; short and long-term disability; a Company-match of 100% of a 6% contribution 401(k) plan; an Employee Assistance Plan; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and a wellness program