Senior Financial Products Underwriter-Fidelity and Crime
Great American Insurance Group
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Has responsibility for low to moderately complex risk selection/rejection, pricing, retention, growth, and profitability within scope of authority and per divisional objectives.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Receives and analyzes submissions and determines terms to offer (policy limits, credit limits, deductibles, coverage options and conditions, work programs, etc.).
- Prices business in accordance with company guidelines.
- May conduct investigations of new and existing accounts through business owners (banks, owners, creditors, debtors, architects, engineers, criminal record checks, on-site visits, etc.).
- Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines.
- Orders and analyzes miscellaneous business reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes, including credit checks, bank agreements, financial statements, and underwriting surveys.
- Makes recommendations on risks over authority.
- Enters, maintains and monitors accounts using underwriting, analysis, and desktop systems.
- Prepares effective internal and external communications on underwriting issues.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers/coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Visits producers and principals in order to retain existing accounts, build and maintain business relationships, and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Interprets, explains, and markets products and services.
- Visits producers/insureds in order to retain existing accounts, survey exposures, build and maintain business relationships, and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Applies underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Generally, possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of underwriting experience. Fidelity and Crime experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Business Unit:Fidelity / Crime
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.