Underwriting Specialist- Umbrella and Excess (Hybrid)
Great American Insurance Group
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Great American's Excess Liability Division specializes in offering large limits of liability to protect its clients' corporate assets from catastrophic loss. The Division can tailor coverages to meet specific individual exposures and provide a customized Excess program. The Excess Liability Division is staffed with an energetic team of true professionals empowered to respond quickly, decisively, and enthusiastically.
The Excess Liability Division is currently searching for an experienced Underwriting Specialist to join our Midwest Excess Liability team in Chicago. The business unit strategically solicits Middle Market to National commercial risks from a producer base that spans the United States.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyzes financial and risk data of proposed insureds to identify hazards and exposures.
- Identify growth opportunities with key distribution partners.
- Determines appropriate recommendations subject to our management and underwriting guidelines.
- Ensures that effective business relationships with internal and external customers/coworkers are developed and maintained to attract and retain profitable business.
- Develops working relationships with assigned agencies within the assigned territory.
- Ensures the delivery, follow-up, and servicing requirements of all quotes on new and renewal accounts.
- Develops retail agency plant within the assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- Generally, 5+ years of casualty underwriting experience is required.
- Excess casualty underwriting experience is required, and umbrella experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires regular travel in territory including overnight travel.
Business Unit:Excess Liability
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.