Property & Inland Marine Underwriting Intern - Year Round
Great American Insurance Group
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Great American writes property and inland marine coverage for the following industries:
- Medical/Health Services
- Professional Services
We are one of the few insurance groups with a division dedicated to underwriting Property and Inland Marine business. We write policies in all 50 states and have more than 2,000 independent agents offering our coverages. Our broad range of products include property, builders' risk, contractor’s equipment, excess property, transportation cargo, electronic data processing (EDP), and difference in conditions (DIC).
Our Property & Inland Marine team is currently in search of an intern to join our Richardson, TX office.
Our Intern Program is responsible for developing the fundamental skills that supports our underwriting team. The Intern will learn to review and evaluate information for various types of businesses, to determine appropriate classification and pricing methodologies. They will work closely with experienced underwriters to learn customer service skills and standards. The program includes a combination of activities, aimed at giving the intern a full understanding of the underwriting discipline
- Reviewing and analyzing underwriting reports
- Supporting underwriters with coordinating and processing polices
- Enter policy information into policy management system
- Administrative assignments
- Participation with special projects, as assigned
- This internship will provide the intern with the opportunity to develop an understanding of underwriting guidelines as well as policy language.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university with a major in such areas as business administration, finance, economics, statistics, communications, or risk management and insurance
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to manage/prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work 40 hours in the summer and 15-20 hours while in school.
Business Unit:Property Inland Marine
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.