AVP- Underwriting Operations
Great American Insurance Group
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Great American's Alternative Markets Division was formed in 1999. The division specializes in mono-line and/or multi-line primary admitted programs on either a traditional guaranteed cost (Elite Programs) or risk-sharing basis (Agency Captives & Group Captives). Alternative Markets supports both niche programs and generalist portfolios, subject a minimum controlled rollover of $3,000,000 or more.
All partnerships, whether risk sharing or not, benefit from a high level of exclusivity, tailored underwriting and claims service. Lines of business supported include: Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property, Inland Marine, Auto Liability and bolt-on Cyber on a supporting Package, GL or BOP policy.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 4 direct and indirect reports, including offshore resources.
- Develop and implement the organization's operations excellence strategy aligned with overall business objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to cross-functional teams to drive operational efficiency and excellence.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence throughout the organization.
- Implement process improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other relevant frameworks.
- Work closely with stakeholders to streamline workflows, eliminate waste, and reduce costs while maintaining quality standards.
- Develop models for planning and forecasting regarding workload and staffing
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure operational performance and track progress towards goals.
- Utilize data analytics and business intelligence tools to identify trends, insights, and areas for improvement.
- Regularly report on performance metrics to senior leadership and recommend actions for improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Generally, 10+ years of experience in customer service with a focus on analyzing and reporting on operational data.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and experience managing teams
- Lean or Six Sigma Certifications are preferred.
- Prior experience leading process improvement projects is required.
- Ability to travel if needed.
Business Unit:Alternative Markets
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.