Great American Insurance Group
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group's member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty and property and casualty operations, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
At Great American, we value diversity and recognize the benefits gained when people from different cultures, backgrounds and experiences work collaboratively to achieve business results. We are intentionally focused on fostering an inclusive culture and know valuing diversity is an essential leadership quality. Our goal is to create a workplace where all employees feel included, empowered and enabled to perform at their best.
Great American Risk Solutions writes a diverse mix of property and casualty business, both primary and excess. Risk Solutions writes mostly non-admitted business, partnering with leading wholesalers. We focus on a specialized solutions for a diverse market.
Our team members at Great American Risk Solutions display strong personal character, integrity, and honesty. We are driven champions of change and focus on results. We emphasize teamwork, collaboration – among underwriting, claims, and shared services teams – and continuous development of interpersonal and technical skills.
We are currently looking for a Production Underwriter to work on large general liability accounts for our Great American Risk Solutions Division. This individual will have responsibility for risk selection/rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability per the divisional goals. This position will be based in our Cincinnati, OH headquarters and will offer a hybrid work environment.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Has responsibility for risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability per divisional objectives
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Analyzes coverage and limit requests and decides what terms to offer.
- Prices business to ensure profitability.
- Ensures that appropriate reports are used.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers including Reinsurers, Actuary, Marketing, IT and Claims
- Interpret, explains and markets products and services.
- Develops relationship with agents & brokers through telephone interactions.
- Applies underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- May provide guidance and assistance to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 to 5 years of commercial underwriting experience or equivalent work experience. Excess and Surplus Lines experience in a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to successfully market products and services.
- Must have strong hands-on experience with various computer systems including rating systems, MS Word and Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Completion of or progression toward Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation is a plus.
Business Unit:Great American Risk Solutions
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.