Hudson Insurance Group
Headquartered in New York City with offices throughout the U.S. and in Vancouver, Canada, Hudson is a market-leading specialty insurer that offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products to corporations, professional firms and individuals through retailers, wholesalers and program administrators.
Hudson underwrites specialty primary and excess insurance on an admitted basis through Hudson Insurance Company and on a non-admitted basis through Hudson Specialty Insurance Company and Hudson Excess Insurance Company. Hudson Insurance Company is admitted in all U.S. jurisdictions. Hudson has surplus lines eligibility in all U.S. jurisdictions through Hudson Specialty Insurance Company and Hudson Excess Insurance Company.
Hudson Crop is a unit of Hudson Insurance Group that provides a broad range of crop insurance products to farmers in all 50 states.
Collectively known as Hudson Insurance Group, its companies are rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, Financial Size Category XV. Hudson Insurance Group is the U.S. Insurance Division of Odyssey Group, a leading worldwide underwriter of reinsurance and specialty insurance and wholly-owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
The Underwriting Assistant position will, under supervision, provide technical underwriting and administrative support to the Hudson Binding underwriting team.
- Assist underwriters with technical review and analysis of all new and renewal business.
- Identify the need for and request additional information required to complete analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of experience/exposure analysis to provide quantitative data for the underwriting decision process.
- Set up and maintain policy files, follow up for outstanding subjectivities and process mid-term policy changes.
- Maintain professional communication with underwriters, as well as outside production sources, agents, and brokers.
- Assist with special projects and other tasks assigned by supervisor or managers.
- Perform other related duties required to achieve the goals and objectives of the underwriting department and company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related commercial insurance experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within underwriting.
- Experience with policy wording and endorsement issuance.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule (work-from-home and in office)
Navigate the links below to learn more about careers at OdysseyRe.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company highlights