Digital Underwriting Client Partner
Digital Underwriting Client Partner
Munich Re America
New York , United States
*We will consider hiring this position in New York City or Chicago.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (MR F&C) was created to bundle Munich Re’s facultative and corporate business into one global unit. We believe that by aligning our single risk business in one unified team we will better position Munich Re to provide a holistic suite of products and services that meet the growing demands of our clients and broker partners.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (F&C) in North America has significantly and profitably grown its portfolio, created an efficient operating platform and invested into innovative initiatives. As part of that, digital solutions and digital platforms are the key drivers for growth. For this reason, the “Platform & Solutions” team was built in the headquarter in Munich and will now grow further internationally in US. One important target of that team is to build up one digital platform for all F&C clients that offers the client 24/7 underwriting services in a highly efficient and automated way. The platform combines in a modular way various innovative products at Munich Re and is built and managed by an agile and dynamic team located worldwide across the different Munich Re entities.
This role will be part of the global Platform & Solutions team that is responsible for the Single Risk Automated Underwriting Platform. The platform provides all Munich Re Single Risk clients worldwide and across all lines of business the possibility to perform the underwriting process and obtain Munich Re capacity fully automated in the most efficient way 24/7. This new (re-)insurance channel, which focuses on small to medium-sized single risk, is the strategic vision of Munich Re to increase business via additional digital services for the clients.
- Grow, build and operate the Digital Reinsurance and Insurance Channel at Munich Re in partnership with the Underwriting teams
- Operate as the primary contact for clients for all digital platform related topics including consulting, sales pitches of the platform and training,
- Identify client needs and concerns and gather, document and manage requirements and change requests for the digital platform
- Make decisions on facultative risks, in partnership with the Underwriting teams, by interacting with the digital platform and the clients
- Onboard new clients on the platform via configuration on the different components
- Act as a bridge between the Underwriting team in North America and the platform product owner and developer team based in Europe to ensure proper implementation, documentation and delivery
- Analyze existing or new digital business opportunities, business processes, and identify improvements in close collaboration with business stakeholders and platform architecture team
- Understand platform capabilities and contribute actively (in a joint IT and Business approach) to advance platform development
- Drive the digital transformation and change, enable smart decisions with dedicated platform thinking
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant insurance/ reinsurance industry experience with experience in sales and business development preferred.
- Underwriting experience in Property or Casualty Underwriting (treaty or facultative) is preferred to understand concepts for Automated UW prototypes / products
- Excellent Project Management skills within the insurance or technology domains.
- Strategic thinking, creativity and strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated individual with a strong bias for action and ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent networking, communication, decision making and stakeholder management skills
- Highly ambitious, entrepreneurial, and innovative mindset, curiosity and drive
- Customer-service and relationship-oriented.
- Willingness to work with teams distributed across different time zones and continents
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Product Development and/or Sales & Marketing.
- Insurance related qualification is preferred
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time (locally and internationally)
The Company is open to considering candidates in NYC. The salary range posted below applies to the Company’s NYC location.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $107,700 to $215,100, plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in NYC. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.