E&S Excess Casualty Underwriter Senior
E&S Excess Casualty Underwriter Senior
Munich Re America
New York , United States
E&S Casualty Excess Senior Underwriter
*We are open to this position being located in Chicago, Philadelphia, New York or Atlanta*
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
As a member of our E&S team, you’ll be responsible for the production, underwriting and retention of profitable E&S business through the cultivation and maintenance of broker relationships.
Because we’re committed to finding the best talent, we are open to considering candidates with a range of experience. Compensation, level and accountabilities for the selected candidate will be commensurate with experience.
Major responsibilities include:
• Underwrite, market, quote, bind and retain a profitable book of excess and surplus lines business that meets profitability and growth targets. Operate within granted authority and make referrals to underwriting leadership as appropriate.
• Development and execution of production strategies and business plans to implement and maximize growth objectives and rate goals. Coordination with other Munich Re business units is expected and encouraged to offer the best holistic solutions to our clients.
• Measure and optimize portfolio progress by reviewing and analyzing underwriting data and monitoring industry best practices to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Cultivate and maintain professional wholesale broker relationships.
• Represent the Munich Re brand and Munich Re Specialty Insurance at client events, seminars, meetings, etc.
• Assistance in day to day operations and projects as assigned which could have client, business group, divisional and corporate impact.
**Munich Re Specialty Insurance / MRSI is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated insurers, producers, and related service providers of the Munich Re (Group) that share a common mission, management, operating platform, and vision to offer specialty property and casualty products and services in Canada and the United States.
The products and services are to be delivered by and in the name of AAIC, PESLIC, BIC, Temple, and B&C.
Successful candidates will be possess the following skills/capabilities:
• Excellent underwriting, marketing and analytical skills that have been developed over 7+ years of insurance and/or reinsurance with production underwriting experience
• Advanced insurance certifications (e.g. CPCU) preferred
• Advanced working knowledge of Commercial P&C / E&S products and insurance concepts, UW processes and procedures, laws and regulations, terminology, concepts and principles related to strategic planning, and other relevant industry trends
• Successful track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with wholesale brokers
• Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies
• Ability to think strategically and function tactically
• Exceptional communication skills that energize and engage brokers, clients and colleagues and the ability to convey a vision and client-focused solutions
• Ability to present and negotiate complex agreements with brokers
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel 20%-30%
The salary range posted below applies to the Company’s NYC location.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $146,600 - $215,100 plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in NYC. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.