Underwriting Analyst Intern
Underwriting Analyst Intern
Munich Re America
Princeton , United States
Underwriting Analyst Intern – Summer 2024
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (MR F&C) was created to bundle Munich Re’s facultative and corporate business into one global unit. We believe that by aligning our single risk business in one unified team we will better position Munich Re to provide a holistic suite of products and services that meet the growing demands of our clients and broker partners.
The Underwriting Analyst Intern will see the underwriting process from start to finish. There is high volume and clear documentation which means lots of exposure to see which risks gets declined or bound and for what reason. The intern will see what data and documentation is essential to making underwriting decisions.
- Assist with enhancement of existing training materials and/or quality control tools.
- Review and clear submissions for new business within the time standard and business hours set out by the department; potential for handling renewal business and endorsements.
- Review and input the limits, deductibles, and other pertinent data into global and local systems.
- Prepare submissions for entry into the underwriting systems for rating purposes.
- Request information and follow up for any missing information using email.
- Grade Level: Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate students
- Preferred Major: Insurance, Business, Accounting, Risk Management
- Interest and ability to learn about primary and/or reinsurance underwriting process and coverages in Casualty lines
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Use available resources; identify and resolve questions
- Interest in understanding how one’s responsibilities fit into the larger picture and the impact on the overall business
- Prioritization of competing demands with proactive communication when assistance is needed
- Computer Skills: Basic to Intermediate skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.