E&S Healthcare Liability Underwriter - Allied Healthcare
E&S Healthcare Liability Underwriter - Allied Healthcare
Munich Re America
Chicago , United States
E&S Healthcare Liability Underwriter – Allied Healthcare
The Company is open to considering candidates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; or New York, NY.
We are adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
*Munich Re Specialty Insurance / MRSI is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated insurers, producers, and related service providers of the Munich Re (Group) that share a common mission, management, operating platform, and vision to offer specialty property and casualty products and services in Canada and the United States.
The products and services are to be delivered by and in the name of AAIC, PESLIC, BIC, Temple, and B&C.
We are looking to add experienced to our Allied Healthcare team in the East (New York or Philadelphia), Midwest (Chicago) and South (Atlanta). As a member of the Healthcare Underwriting team you’ll be responsible for the management, production, underwriting and retention of profitable healthcare professional liability business through the cultivation and maintenance of broker relationships in the territory. Our value proposition includes embedding technology and data analytics into underwriting and claims processes to create an enhanced, new age customer and broker experience. We will do this by co-creating a technology enabled business together with our partners using an agile and lean approach. Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the data vision for the future.
• Underwrite, market, quote, bind and retain a profitable book of excess and surplus lines business that meets profitability and growth targets. Operate within granted authority and make referrals to underwriting leadership as appropriate.
• Development and execution of production strategies and business plans to implement and maximize growth objectives and rate goals. Coordination with other Munich Re business units is expected and encouraged to offer the best holistic solutions to our clients.
• Measure and optimize portfolio progress by reviewing and analyzing underwriting data and monitoring industry best practices to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Cultivate and maintain professional wholesale broker relationships.
• Represent the Munich Re brand and Munich Re Specialty Insurance at client events, seminars, meetings, etc.
• Assistance in day to day operations and projects as assigned which could have client, business group, divisional and corporate impact.
• Excellent underwriting, marketing and analytical skills that have been developed in 5+ years of experience
• Advanced working knowledge PL products and insurance concepts, UW processes and procedures, laws and regulations, terminology, concepts and principles related to strategic planning, and other relevant industry trends
• Successful track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with retail and wholesale brokers
• Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies
• Ability to think strategically and function tactically
• Exceptional communication skills that energize and engage brokers, clients and colleagues and the ability to convey a vision and client-focused solutions
• Ability to present and negotiate complex agreements with brokers
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel 20%-30%
The Company is open to considering candidates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA; or New York, NY. The salary range posted below applies to the Company’s NYC location.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $110,500 - 162,000 plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in NYC. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
At Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.