Workers' Compensation Underwriter- Franchised Auto Dealers
Paragon Insurance Holdings
In 2014, Paragon was incepted in a Starbucks coffee shop with a simple strategy — build the MGA that we would want to work for. Years later, Paragon is one of the fastest growing MGAs in the country.
Our secret? A dedication to diversity and agility. We realized from the start that a commitment to thinking, acting, and rewarding “different” would resonate within the industry. It is hard to argue with results, and the results are clear. Our diverse team of talent is reshaping an industry that has weathered “boring” and is long overdue on “different.” Whether it comes by offering better pay, benefits or growth opportunities, we will continue to aggressively invest in talent to drive our business forward. Change is here, come be a part of it with us.
About the Role
We are looking for an Underwriter to play a crucial role in driving new and renewal business within your assigned region. As an Underwriter, you will play a pivotal role in managing a portfolio of workers' compensation for franchise auto dealers, ensuring growth targets are met while maintaining profitability. You’ll use your expertise to build a knowledge base of the competitive markets, coverages, and agents to ensure efficient delivery, follow-up and servicing requirements of all new business and renewal accounts. As an Underwriter, you will play a pivotal role in managing a portfolio of workers' compensation for franchise auto dealers, ensuring growth targets are met while maintaining profitability. Your responsibilities will include:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently handle and oversee an existing portfolio of workers' compensation business, striving to meet growth objectives while upholding profitability standards.
- Creating visibility nationwide by communicating underwriting appetite and generating new opportunities by building and maintaining strong broker relationships
- Working independently, you will be granted underwriting authority based on experience level
- Develop and nurture essential broker relationships within your region to consistently channel business within our underwriting parameters.
- Provide clients with high-quality service that enhances the company's positive image and reputation.
- Meeting with brokers and insureds as required
- Ad hoc analytical projects in line with departmental goals
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience is preferred
- 5+ years of insurance underwriting experience in workers’ compensation, preferably with experience writing in California and/or Illinois
- Possess in-depth underwriting expertise and an actuarial mindset across various classes, with the ability to handle complex accounts.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills, capable of working both independently and collaboratively when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with insureds and brokers.
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and presentation skills, along with a willingness to mentor others.
- Preferred: Underwriting experience to include past success insuring Franchised Auto Dealerships
If you are a motivated and experienced underwriter who thrives in a dynamic underwriting environment and possesses the required qualifications, we encourage you to apply for this position and be a key contributor to our continued success.
Ready to have your voice heard, your talents properly utilized and to become a valued part of a rapidly growing organization? You’re in the right place. Paragon is a dynamic, bold and tenacious company.
Join us as we continue to chart new paths, open doors and grow together.