Senior Underwriter-Public Entity Practice - Remote
Paragon Insurance Holdings
Why Paragon? In 2014, Paragon was incepted in a Starbucks coffee shop with a simple strategy — build the MGA that we would want to work for. Years later, Paragon is one of the fastest growing MGAs in the country. Our secret? A dedication to diversity and agility. We realized from the start that a commitment to thinking, acting, and rewarding “different” would resonate within the industry. It is hard to argue with results, and the results are clear. Our diverse team of talent is reshaping an industry that has weathered “boring” and is long overdue on “different.” Whether it comes by offering better pay, benefits or growth opportunities, we will continue to aggressively invest in talent to drive our business forward. Change is here, come be a part of it with us.
Formed as a broadly diversified MGA, Paragon supports retail agents and insurance carriers, and reinsurers with our strong underwriting talent, broad capabilities, sophisticated operations, and varied business interests. Our goal: To help our partners do business better. And we do.
The Sr Underwriter will support Trident's Guaranteed Cost book of business and can work remotely or in our office in Avon, CT.
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of assigned book of business.
- Skillfully review, underwrite, price, and negotiate complex new and renewal submissions & endorsements (within established underwriting authority).
- Refer/Discuss an account outside of authority level with management demonstrating a thorough understanding of the risk and sound judgement to support recommendations.
- Identify and analyze “non-standard” exposure/risk, determine actions needed to appropriately address.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and capabilities regarding portfolio management and planning.
- Understand financial goals of UW dept and carry out underwriting responsibilities accordingly and help others do the same.
- Be a problem-solver and trouble-shooter.
- Awareness of deadlines and ability to manage workload accordingly. Capable of multi-tasking and excelling in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills including reliable & prompt responses to our clients and knowledge of our products/services. Demonstrate strong client relations by performing skilled negotiations.
- Use and understand the various underwriting and management tools as it relates to your own desk and to the overall goals of the department and organization.
- Knowledge of our UW guidelines and requirements
- Partner with Territory Manager to foster and maintain relationships with external partners.
- 5 to 10 years Commercial Lines Underwriting (multi-line) preferably Public Entity.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment demonstrating the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Outlook applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or suitable industry experience.
Ready to have your voice heard, your talents properly utilized and to become a valued part of a rapidly growing organization? You’re in the right place. Paragon is a dynamic, bold, and tenacious company. Join us as we continue to chart new paths, open doors and grow together.
Jencap is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or familial status, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard, as we believe that that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.