Market Facing Underwriter- Large Casualty Senior or AVP
Zurich Insurance Group
Market Facing Underwriter- Large Casualty Senior or AVP
Zurich is currently looking for an experienced Large Casualty Underwriter (Senior - AVP) for our team in the East Region to focus on Domestic Casualty business! We are hiring this new team member for our Philadelphia office.
As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal accounts within the Mid-Atlantic region. This is a market facing position and you are expected to be visible in the marketplace 25% of the time.
Our motto: One Carrier, One Solution, we are selling Domestic Casualty business together with Umbrella, Property, Financial Lines, Cyber and International to provide a holistic solution to large, complex customers.
This role will be filled at either the Senior or AVP Level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position. For the right candidate, we will provide relocation benefits for someone moving to the desired territory.
The Large Casualty Underwriter is responsible for:
- Underwriting, analyzing, and generating new and renewal business
- Market facing and production within the Large Casualty, National Accounts division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships in the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underrwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications for both:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Philadelphia
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia