Business Lines Mid Market Market Facing Underwriter
Business Lines Market Facing Underwriter Mid Market Team
Zurich Insurance Plc is looking for a Business Lines Market Facing Underwriter Mid Market Team.
This role may be available part-time or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
The Business Lines Mid-Market Team based in ZCW are responsible for meeting the Insurance needs of our Business Lines customers through our broker channel. The team are responsible for underwriting our existing book of SME Business, Mid-Market Property and Casualty Business.
Reporting to the Mid-Market Team Coach, the Underwriter will be required to work closely with Broker Partners and other internal operations, such as Pricing, Product Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Sales & Distribution and Risk Engineering to ensure all areas of the business are managed according to the Zurich Way of Underwriting and within delegated authority levels.
Role & Responsibilities:
• The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
• Underwrite and analyse ‘renewal’ business utilizing the Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels.
• Responsible for relationship management of key Customer and Broker Accounts
• Negotiating terms & conditions in line with our agreed strategy on ZRC and Retention
• Contribute to managing schemes
• Build relationships in support of customer/business acquisition and retention (e.g. by handling a range of queries, providing advice to assist with the development of an account)
• Implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures, thereby maintaining underwriting discipline
• Proactively contribute ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions based on technical, customer and distributor insights
• Adhere to Central Bank compliance standards of operating
• Demonstrate high level of Quality Assurance in all elements of the underwriting process
• Ensure any issues arising are dealt with in accordance with Zurich standards and that where appropriate issues escalated in a timely fashion
• Maintain Underwriting Records in accordance with regulatory /statutory and internal requirements
• Be flexible to participate in ad hoc projects
• Deliver superior service in the management of renewals
Your Skills and Experience
As a Business Lines Market Facing Underwriter Mid Market Team your skills and qualifications will include:
• 3 years plus industry knowledge with preferred experience working with SME & P&C risks
• Holds or is working towards relevant professional qualifications i.e. CIP, MDI, ACII
• Excellent technical insurance knowledge, including specific knowledge in Commercial Insurance
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge of Zurich products/policy wordings
• Ability to work within a team environment – focused on the achievement of both individual and team goals
• Ability to build key relationships with partners & customers
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Strong negotiation skills
• A strong team player with a flexible, positive attitude towards work
• Strong leadership and delegation skills
• Enthusiasm, ambition and innovation
• Ability to operate independently
• Good research skills
• Pro-active with strong problem-solving, decision-making and judgment skills
• Excellent attention to detail, including a strong ability to multitask
• Ability to prioritise workload and to adapt quickly within a busy environment to ensure we respond effectively to customer needs and expectations
• Excellent planning and organisational skills that support a high service standard
• All employees are expected to work in accordance with the behaviours laid out in Zurich Purpose and Values.
Primary work location is Ireland. Position is Wexfordbased but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Jenny Keogh is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand – with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose - Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!