Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter- (Senior or AVP)
Zurich Insurance Group
Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter- (Senior or AVP)
Zurich is currently hiring an experienced Underwriter for our Energy Casualty Excess team! Our preference is to have this position based in Houston, but we are open to hiring a talented Underwriter in Denver, New York, Dallas. A requirement of the position will be travel to Houston, TX and other areas as needed to meet the needs of customers and brokers (20-25% travel). As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with our Preferred Distribution Partners. In this position, you will be handling lead umbrella and excess policies within our Energy Casualty portfolio. This is an exciting time to join Zurich!
This role will be filled at either the Senior Level or at the AVP Level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
The Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills and executing as an innovative advisor
- Underwriting, analyzing and generating new and renewal business
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
AVP Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Senior Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Brokerage or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical casualty knowledge of guaranteed cost and large deductible energy programs
- Established broker relationships (retail brokers) within Houston area
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. Compensation may exceed the salary listed based on the evaluation of skillset and experience. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. The combined salary range for this position is $109,100.00 - $$225,500.00. The starting salary range for the Senior Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter position is: $109,100.00 - $178,600.00 and for the AVP Energy Casualty Excess Underwriter position is: $137,800.00 - $225,500.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Houston, AM - Dallas, AM - Denver, AM - New York
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-DIRECTOR
Nearest Major Market: Houston