Management Liability-Public Underwriter II OR III
Zurich Insurance Group
Management Liability-Public Underwriter II OR III
Invest in your career with an industry you can bank on…Insurance! We are currently looking for an experienced Management Liability Underwriter Public Company and work out of our Chicago office. Your bright ideas and determination will help us drive positive impact with our customers, communities, and each other. Our global footprint and 148 years of experience enables you to develop your skills and put your problem-solving expertise to use while having the opportunity to work with a wide range of Fortune 500® companies.
To bring leading talent into the organization and foster a culture of innovation and excellence, we encourage professionals from wide range of backgrounds and industries to apply and:
- Join a global company that gives you empowerment over your own activities and decisions.
- Use your financial/credit/accounting acumen along with your analytical and customer focus to support our team.
- Have the autonomy and freedom to be successful in your career.
- Experience a customized training program dedicated to those new joiners outside of the insurance industry.
Our Management Liability Underwriters for Public companies are responsible for:
- Generating, underwriting, and analyzing Management Liability Risk business for Public Companies
- Market facing and production activities.
- Complying with underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on complex assignments
- West Region's Public Company D&O portfolio
This role will be filled at either the Underwriter (Level II) or Senior Underwriter (Level III). The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
The Management Liability Underwriter is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale.
- Market facing and production within the growing Construction division.
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
The Underwriter (Level II) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Banking, Mortgage, Finance, or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Banking, Mortgage, Finance, or Market Facing area.
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area.
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Senior Underwriting Specialist (Level III) Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Banking, Mortgage, Finance, or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the claims or underwriting support area
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an associate degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Banking, Mortgage, Finance, or Market Facing area.
- Zurich approved Apprenticeship program including an associate degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Established broker relationships.
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Chicago
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Chicago