Market Facing Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter II or III- POP
Zurich Insurance Group
Market Facing Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter II or III- POP
Zurich North America is hiring an experienced Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter Mid or Senior in Chicago, Atlanta or New York!
As a Financial Institutions Underwriter, you will handle complex new and renewal domestic Wholesale Middle Market and National accounts for all Financial Institutions industry verticals and lines of coverage offered. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with select brokers focused in the region. With more than 125 years of experience, Zurich has a broad and varied appetite for financial industry business; this role is an exciting expansion opportunity allowing for high growth potential and visibility & support.
This role will be filled at the Mid-Senior level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
The Financial Institutions Underwriter is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs, specifically within Financial Lines Financial Institutions, including D&O, E&O, EPL, Fiduciary, and Fidelity lines of coverage
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale
- Identifying gaps involves and aligning Zurich’s products and value proposition to offer a solution that provides the contract certainty the customer needs
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills and executing as an innovative advisor
- Underwriting, analyzing and generating new and renewal business
- Market facing and production within the growing International division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter-Mid:
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Market Facing area, Accounting, Banking, or Risk Management.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Market Facing area, Accounting, Banking, or Risk Management
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter-Senior:
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Market Facing area, Accounting, Banking, or Risk Management.
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting, Market Facing area, Accounting, Banking, or Risk Management.
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Financial Institutions Financial Lines Underwriting experience
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong retail broker relationships within the region
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
- Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- PC and related software skills
- CPCU and ARM a plus
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The combined salary range for this position is $90,000.00 - $165,000.00. The starting salary range for the Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter Mid is $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 and for the Wholesale Financial Institutions Underwriter Senior is $115,000.00 - $165,000.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Chicago, AM - Atlanta, AM - New York
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1, #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Chicago