Travel Underwriting Lead - AVP
Zurich Insurance Group
Travel Underwriting Lead - AVP
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Travel Underwriting Lead - AVP for our Consumer Solutions Segment. This is a remote role that can be located anywhere in the U.S..
This is a highly technical, position that will support Zurich’s Travel product line growth initiatives. As a member of Zurich's Consumer Solutions Underwriting team you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels.
Within Zurich’s Life, Accident and Health Division, Consumer Solutions offers a portfolio of products designed to help protect against financial hardship resulting from accidental death, accidental injury unexpected illness and/or trip cancellation/travel inconvenience, including Leisure Travel, Student Travel and Supplemental Health & Accident Solutions for Travel Suppliers, Affinity Groups and Individual Consumers.
The position will have technical, transactional and market facing responsibilities; and it will also make contributions in the areas of product/proposition development, marketing, fulfillment and portfolio management.
Our Underwriters are responsible for:
- Generating, underwriting and analyzing Leisure and Student Travel business
- Complying with underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Managing and analyzing a portfolio of accounts
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
- Providing superior service to our broker partners and customers, including collaboration with Zurich’s wholly-owned Leisure Travel administrators
- Working within broad limits and authorities on complex assignments
- Developing a pipeline of business
- Collaborating and cross selling with other stakeholders and lines of business within Zurich
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Travel Insurance underwriting experience
- Experience working with Leisure Travel administrators
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong broker relationships
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation.
- Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guideline
- Microsoft Office skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The starting salary range for this position is $150,000.00 - $205,000.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Remote Work (US)
Remote Working: Yes
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-PC1 #LI-DIRECTOR