Construction Casualty Underwriter (AVP)
Zurich Insurance Group
Construction Casualty Underwriter (AVP)
Zurich is seeking experienced Construction Casualty Underwriters Senior or AVP for our Pacific Northwest and West Region. We are looking for experienced construction casualty underwriters and will also consider casualty underwriting experience. We are open to hiring talent in our offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Sacramento, Portland and Denver.
As a Construction Casualty Underwriter at Zurich you will handle complex new and renewal domestic construction casualty accounts and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the team. Our Underwriters help protect businesses and their workforce from the expanding range of risk exposures inherent in the construction industry. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with Select Brokers and Regional Brokers in the West
This role will be filled at either the Senior or AVP level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Support the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
Construction Casualty Underwriter-Senior:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
Construction Casualty Underwriter-AVP:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Construction Casualty Underwriting experience
- Strong Broker relationships in the Pacific Northwest and West
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and strong Analytical Skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The combined salary range for this position is $94,000.00 - $77,100.00. The starting salary range for the Construction Casualty Underwriter-Senior is $94,000.00 -$154,000.00 and for the Construction Casualty Underwriter-AVP is $ 108,100.00 - $177,100.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Seattle, AM - San Francisco, AM - Denver, AM - Sacramento, AM - Portland
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Seattle