Market Facing Underwriter - Management Liability, D&O
Zurich Insurance Group
Market Facing Underwriter - Management Liability, D&O
Zurich North America is looking for an experienced Market Facing Underwriter to join our Management Liability, D&O team based out of our New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Dallas, or Houston office.
As a member of Zurich's Underwriting team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing the Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high-level service to customers.
This role will be responsible for utilizing marketing and analytical skills to analyze and underwrite new and renewal business for Financial Lines Products (Directors and Officers, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, and Crime Insurance) for publicly traded companies. This is a market facing position thus we are seeking someone with a strong sales execution mindset and prior knowledge and experience with financial lines and D&O products.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business-related needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions
- Complete detailed opportunity assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
This role will be filled at either a level II or III. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skill set relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
Senior Underwriter / Level II Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Management Liability D&O lines of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Senior Underwriting Specialist / Level III Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sales execution mindset with creative problem-solving skills
- Three plus years broking or underwriting D&O business
- Advanced knowledge and practice of D&O line of business
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong presentation skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The combined salary range for this position is $90,000.00 - $165,000.00. The starting salary range for the Senior Underwriter is $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 and for the Senior Underwriting Specialist is $115,000.00 - $165,000.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Atlanta, AM - Dallas, AM - Houston, AM - New York, AM - Philadelphia
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-MF1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta