E&S Property Underwriter (Senior or AVP)
Zurich Insurance Group
E&S Property Underwriter (Senior or AVP)
Zurich is currently looking to hire an experienced Senior or AVP E&S Property Underwriter to join the team in our Atlanta office. In this role you will be working with national wholesalers to drive growth with a focus on profitability. As a Senior or AVP Underwriter you will serve as a leader and mentor to the team offering technical guidance on key coverage issues and forms.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow and develop their coaching and mentoring skills.
Zurich E&S is dedicated 100% to a wholesale distribution model and a product and technology strategy designed to make Zurich a market leader in E&S, as measured by gross written premium, profitability, and employee satisfaction!
This role will be filled at either as a Senior Underwriter or AVP Underwriter. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
What you can expect in an E&S Property Underwriting position at Zurich:
- You will develop and maintain relationships with broker partners and customers across all industries in support of business objectives
- You will leverage your property underwriting acumen across risk assessment, exposure evaluation and pricing to generate and maintain a profitable book of new and renewal business.
- You will work collaboratively across business units including but not limited to; claims, finance, risk engineering, actuary, and technical underwriting while gaining extensive knowledge in a growing and innovative industry.
- You will be empowered to use your market facing, negotiation and interpersonal skills to grow and develop relationships with preferred distribution partners in an assigned territory
Senior E&S Property Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area AND
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
AVP, Senior E&S Property Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 or more years of experience in E&S Property underwriting, familiar with offering smaller limits on quota shared and layered business for hard to place accounts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Atlanta
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-WL1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta