Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter- E&S
Zurich Insurance Group
Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter- E&S
The Zurich E&S Excess Casualty team is currently hiring a Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter to join the Eastern Zone Team in New York! As a member of Zurich’s underwriting team, you will enjoy the opportunity to apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Work arrangements are hybrid with a combination schedule of work-from-home and in office.
Zurich is one of the leading insurance providers in the E&S industry, our mission is to provide creative solutions for the risks our customers face today and in the future.
As an Excess Casualty Underwriter, you will handle complex new and renewal accounts. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with our wholesale Preferred Distribution Partners.
The Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale
- Market facing and production within the growing Zurich E&S Excess Casualty division
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
Senior Excess Casualty Underwriter Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical knowledge of Excess Casualty Underwriting specific to Construction and Habitational
- Established wholesale broker relationships (E&S brokers)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The starting salary range for this position is $117,500.00 - $192,500.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KH1 #LI-ASSOCIATE #LI-HYBRID
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City