Construction Professional Liability Underwriter-AVP
Zurich Insurance Group
Construction Professional Liability Underwriter-AVP
Zurich gives you the tools and support to construct a rewarding career. We are currently looking for a Market Facing Construction Underwriter (Senior or AVP) to work out of Philadelphia, PA office/territory. At Zurich, you have an opportunity to work with large and sophisticated clients, including project owners and developers, as well as contractors and subcontractors. 95% of the Fortune 500 are Zurich customers!
With a proven track record of over 25 years, Zurich Construction’s reputation is supported by our market-leading capacity, extensive construction underwriting experience, innovative products and services, renowned risk engineering, and best-in-class claims service.
Put your analytical and relationship building skills to work as an underwriting supporting our construction team. You will “own” your activities, manage a territory and book of business, be empowered to work autonomously, and have the opportunity to truly grow your career.
Your transferable skills and experiences will be valued and enable you make a difference. A career in underwriting could be YOUR new normal.
This role is responsible for:
- Underwriting construction professional liability risks for contractors’ and owners’ policies.
- Manage customer/broker/carrier discussions on insurance programs and an awareness of the exposures driving the underwriting approach
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
Senior Level Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Brokerage or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
AVP Level Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical casualty knowledge of guaranteed cost and large deductible energy programs
- Established broker relationships (retail brokers) within Houston area
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Philadelphia
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-ASSOCIATE
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia