Private Equity Underwriter- Middle Markets P&C (Mid-Senior-Senior)
Zurich Insurance Group
Private Equity Underwriter- Middle Markets P&C (Mid-Senior-Senior)
Zurich is currently hiring for an experienced Private Equity Underwriter (Mid-Senior or Senior) for our Middle Markets team in New York City!
Middle Markets is a key business segment within Zurich and we are focused on attracting top customer advocates who possess a sales mindset, strong technical underwriting skills and solution focused problem solving abilities. As a Middle Markets Underwriter you will handle complex new and renewal Middle Markets business and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the team within our Private Equity vertical. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with our Preferred Distribution Partners in the Northeast Region. This is an exciting time to join Middle Markets at Zurich!
This role will be filled at either the Mid-Senior or Senior level. The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
The Private Equity Underwriter (Mid-Senior or Senior) is responsible for:
- Serving as a customer industry advocate with a focus on improving the customer experience by understanding their risk and offering the best end to end solution for their insurance needs.
- Accountable for all PE business in the NYC Territory, while working closely with our National Industry Practice Leader, and having the ability to grow the book.
- Using a disciplined approach to exposure evaluation, risk assessment and pricing.
- Using risk insights, data and models to drive informed decisions at point of sale.
- Identifying gaps involves and aligning Zurich’s products and value proposition to offer a solution that provides the contract certainty the customer needs.
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills and executing as an innovative advisor.
- Underwriting, analyzing, and generating new and renewal business.
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules.
- Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships.
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 6 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 4 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Private Equity Middle Markets Underwriting experience in the Northeast Region
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong retail broker relationships
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- PC and related software skills
- CPCU and ARM a plus
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. In New York, the starting salary range for the Private Equity Underwriter- Middle Markets (Mid-Senior) position is: $101,800.00 - $140,000.00 and for the Private Equity Underwriter- Middle Markets (Senior) position is: $129,900.00 - $178,600.00
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-AK1 #LI-HYBRID
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City