Construction Casualty Underwriting Mgr
Zurich Insurance Group
Construction Casualty Underwriting Mgr
Casualty Underwriting Manager for the Southeast Region to join our National Accounts Construction team in our Atlanta office. This is a hybrid role that will require 3 days per week in a Zurich office.
This position will lead the Southeast Construction Casualty team and work closely with key brokers and clients to deliver comprehensive first-party risk transfer solutions. This leadership position will be responsible for the delivery of key business objectives for the Southeast Construction Casualty team, along with developing, mentoring, and guiding a team of Underwriters and Account Service Associates. You will collaborate closely with Zurich’s broad team of Construction experts and resources, across multiple disciplines and stakeholders.
There will be approximately 25% travel for this position.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working under minimal direction, underwrite and analyze new and renewal business within delegated authority levels of highly complex assignments.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and expertise in products and industry.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating manuals.
- Work at the highest authority limits on assignments utilizing the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Support the organization's sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers, and customers.
• Contribute to the development of propositions. Provide technical guidance, assistance, and training to lower-level underwriters.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- 2 or more years of management experience
- CPCU or CRIS
- Advanced knowledge of Construction Casualty product lines, the commercial insurance and Construction/Engineering industry
- Strong Broker relationships in Southeast region
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent skills in relationship building
- Strong presentation skills
- Results oriented
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Atlanta
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-BN1 #LI-DIRECTOR #LI-HYBRID
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta