Senior Environmental Casualty Underwriter (Sr. Level III or AVP level IV)
Zurich Insurance Group
Senior Environmental Casualty Underwriter (Sr. Level III or AVP level IV)
Zurich is seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Casualty Underwriter (Sr. Level III or AVP level IV) for our west region Construction team. (We are open to hiring talent in Denver, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, and a virtual/remote option is available as well if within the west region).
As a Senior Environmental Casualty Underwriter you will handle complex new and renewal domestic Environmental Casualty (environmental contractors and consultants) accounts and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the team. As a member of Zurich's Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills while building relationships with Select Brokers focused in the West Coast. You will be underwriting general liability, commercial automobile, worker’s compensation, contractor’s pollution/professional, and excess.
This role will be filled at either the Senior Underwriter (Level III) or AVP, Senior Underwriter (Level IV). The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business-related needs, as appropriate.
- May provide guidance to lower-level associates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
Basic Qualifications (Sr. Level III):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
Basic Qualifications (AVP Level IV):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical knowledge environmental underwriting in the Construction segment
- Established broker relationships within the West region
- Sales execution mindset
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Production oriented with strong marketing skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The combined salary range for this position is $115,000.00 - $205,000.00. The starting salary range for the Senior Underwriter (Level III) is $115,000.00 - $165,000.00 and for the AVP, Senior Underwriter (Level IV) is $150,000.00 - $205,000.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - Colorado Virtual Office, AM - Denver, AM - Los Angeles, AM - San Francisco, AM - Seattle
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-JJ1 #LI-DIRECTOR