Senior Management Liability Underwriter (Level III Or AVP, Level IV)
Zurich Insurance Group
Senior Management Liability Underwriter (Level III Or AVP, Level IV)
Zurich E&S Financial Lines is currently looking to hire an experienced Senior Underwriter to join our Wholesale Public, Management Liability team! We have the flexibility to hire in New York City, Chicago, or Atlanta. This role is dedicated to the wholesale broker channel and is a great opportunity to join our growing E&S Financial Lines team! This position offers a hybrid working schedule of in-office and virtually.
In this role, you will underwrite and perform financial analysis across management liability products (D&O, EPL, Crime and Fiduciary), for publicly traded commercial (non-FI) companies of all sizes. The position will have technical, production/transactional, and market-facing responsibilities; and it will also make contributions in the areas of product/proposition development, marketing, fulfillment, and portfolio management.
This role will be filled at either the Senior Underwriter (Level III) or AVP, Senior Underwriter (Level IV).
The hiring manager will determine the appropriate level based upon the selected applicant’s experience and skillset relative to the qualifications listed for this position.
- Generating, underwriting, and analyzing D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, and Fidelity/Crime new and renewal policies.
- Market facing and production with wholesale brokers.
- Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules.
- Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments.
- Managing a portfolio of accounts and developing a pipeline of business.
- Collaborating and cross selling with other stakeholders and lines of business within Zurich.
Senior Management Liability Underwriter: Basic Qualifications (Level III):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
AVP, Senior Management Liability Underwriter: Basic Qualifications (Level IV):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 7 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 14 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an associate degree and 12 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relationships with wholesale brokers
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Strong presentation skills
Compensation for roles at Zurich varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by local law, Zurich provides in good faith a reasonable range of compensation for roles. For additional information about our Total Rewards, click here. Other rewards may include short term incentive bonuses and merit increases. Candidates with salary expectations outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill, and education. The salary provided is a nationwide market range and has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled. The combined salary range for this position is $115,000.00 - $205,000.00. The starting salary range for the Senior Management Liability Underwriter is $115,000.00 - $165,000.00 and for the AVP, Senior Management Liability Underwriter is $150,000.00 - $205,000.00.
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to any COVID-related health and safety protocols in place at that time (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq).
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York, AM - Atlanta, AM - Chicago
Remote Working: Hybrid
Schedule: Full Time
Employment Sponsorship Offered: No
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-KH1 #LI-DIRECTOR #LI-HYBRID
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City